2 cups sugar1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Cocoa powder (i use cadbury drinking chocolate)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
4. Use a cup to cut out cake in to smaller circles. ( i do that because i dont want to make them in cupcakes because they pop and you want a flat topped cake)
5. Place into dessert plate and glaze. Serve with ice cream
For the glaze;
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
mix sugar, milk and butter in small saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vanilla until chocolate is melted. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.