- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a whisk beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the granulated sugar until completely creamed and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. If the dough still seems too soft, you can add 1 Tablespoon more flour until it is a better consistency for rolling.
- Shape and fill: Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each portion out in a rectangle onto a floured silicone baking mat (or floured parchment paper) to about 1/4″ thickness. Spread 1 Tablespoon of melted butter onto each rectangle. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle evenly over each.
- Working slowly, tightly roll up each rectangle into a 9-inch log. If the dough is cracking at all, use your fingers to smooth it out. Some cracks are OK. Chill the logs of dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil paper.
- Remove dough logs from the refrigerator. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until lightly browned on the sides. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes or more before icing.
- Make the icing: Whisk all of the icing ingredients together. Drizzle over cookies. Cover and store cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days.
(Just roll it like you would a cinnamon roll and cut like you would a cinnamon roll)
enjoy your cookies.