Who doesn’t love soft pillowy buns with sweet cinnamon filling and the creamy frosting on top? Well not me. Today I come with my to-die-for recipe that Ive been hiding from you guys. With a heavy heart, here goes nothing..
(I am obviously joking. Lol)
- 2 and 3/4 cups bread flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet instant yeast (10g)
- 1 cup milk (you can dissolve powdered milk in water)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and butter together in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 30 second and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to touch . Pour into the dry ingredients, add the egg, and stir until it forms a soft dough or use your mixer.
- On a lightly floured surface using floured hands, knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place in a lightly floured or greased bowl cover loosely with a napkin and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Fill the rolls: After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a 14×8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 10-12 even rolls and arrange in a lightly greased 9-inch cake pan or pie dish.
- Rise: Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free environment for 60-90 minutes.
- Bake the rolls: After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 190°C. Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly browned. If you notice the tops are getting too brown too quickly, loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Make the icing: Whisk the icing sugar, vanilla extract, and coffee/milk together. Drizzle or spread over warm rolls.
- Cover leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and store for up to 5 days in the fridge. Microwave for 30seconds every time you want to eat again.